Did you spend countless hours and quarters playing NBA JAM with your friends at home and in the arcades? Did you argue over who was the greatest ever? Now, here is your opportunity to settle that debate! Grab your spot in the On Fire! Championships and compete against the best players in the best basketball video game ever made, NBA JAM! Take on the world in 1v1 and 2v2 for your chance to be the first to claim THE FLAME and the title of NBA JAM World Champion!
Game: NBA JAM T.E.
Platform: Super Nintendo (original SNS-001 model)
Controllers: SNES Controllers OEM
Screens: Large, flat screen HDTV’s and HD projector
Location & Time
Time: 7:30AM CDT
Location: The Hilton, College Station, TX
Prizes will be awarded for the both 1v1 and 2v2 Championships:
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The Flame will be awarded to the 1v1 and 2v2 Champions
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The purse will be determined by the number of entries but, with a full turnout, will be $2,000 for 1v1 and $1,600 for 2v2 on a 50%/30%/20% split.
- Free, automatic entry into the next year’s event (1v1 or 2v2) for 1st – 8th place (all quarter-finalists).
There will be two championships: individual (1v1) and team (2v2). Both championships will be hybrid tournaments, consisting of an initial group stage and then single-elimination bracket stage. With a full bracket (256 players for 1v1 and 128 teams for 2v2), participants/teams will be guaranteed three matches.
- Group Stage
- The first stage will consist of a round robin within groups of four players/teams where the winner and runner-up advance.
- Placement of players/teams within groups will be randomly generated.
- Ranking the winner and runner-up in each group will be determined as follows:
- Win-Loss Record
- Head to head result
- Greatest number of points in group matches
- Greatest point difference in group matches
- Bracket Stage
- The second stage will consist of a single-elimination tournament in which players/teams play each other in one-game matches.
- The first round of the of the single-elimination tournament will consist of the winner of each group playing against the runner-up of another group.
- The final round is single-elimination, and there is a third-place match played by the losing semi-finalists.